Friday, March 13, 2009

Little children...

I just got done working the early shift at work. Bah! Mornings kill me! I'm the type of person that can purpose to find joy in anything, but I tell you what, mornings provide me with quite the challenge. I can't even talk about them right now lest I become too disgruntled at the very thought. haha.
Anyway!
Where was I even going with this...
Oh yes...
Earlier after I locked the doors to the pool I headed to the front desk to drop the keys off and fill out the usual paperwork...as is routine. Since its still in the AM when I get off work, I always just want to get out of there and get back home for a nap. So, I do what I need to do in focused silence, daring anyone who crosses my path to even give a nod in my direction. lol. Because of my lack of social graces in the morning I'm sure my coworkers think I have a split personality (Jackal and Hyde). Who they encounter in the morning is very different than the girl they know the rest of the day. haha.

WELL...today I'm filling out the paperwork, grumpy as ever, when all of a sudden a little body is wrapped around me. Unaccustomed to this sort of intrusion I was startled. I looked down to find Cami, a little girl that I had given swim lessons to last summer. Her and her little brother had captured my heart as they were both just completely adorable. Before I had time to react Cami smiled up at me and then placed her small hand into mine and said, "hi teacher." In that instant my defenses melted and just like that, the horrid morning blues vanished. Now, I have always known God to have a sense of humor but this morning beat the cake. My morning routine was completely ruined and now I find myself thinking about butterfly's and lollipops and its not even noon. Wow do I serve a God of miracles. haha.

Thinking about it now I can totally understand why God calls us to be childlike. Kids love so unreservedly. They hold nothing back which I find to be so brave. Any adult would have known by just looking at me that I was in no mood to be messed with, but then here comes this little 6 year old who comes straight to me and gives me a hug. My walls and defenses were completely invisible to her as she totally just invaded my personal space. I love that!
Cami totally trusted that I would receive her and it was because of her sincerity that I did. I felt so loved!
Hmmm...goodness...there is so much food for thought here but I will just leave it as is.

1 comment:

  1. I love it... nothing can top a little kid's innocence.

    ReplyDelete