Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random inspiration...

The other day I was hanging out at my Grandma's house, like I sometimes do when I have a break from work. As I sat in the chair, grama reading the newspaper, me channel surfing I came across a music video on the Disney Channel (please bear with me). It was none other than Miley Cyrus, a name that I became all too familiar with last summer while working with Junior High girls. It was through their influence that I finally caught on that Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana are one and the same! Wow. ANYWAY, all that to say I came across her music video "The Climb." I lamely watched the whole video, a lot amused but also somewhat interested in the lyrics. I'm a lyric junky! If a song has good lyrics then I'm usually hooked. Well, from this song, "the climb" one slice of the loaf settled well with me.

There's always gonna be another mountain.
I'm always gonna wanna make it move.
There's always gonna be an uphill battle
But sometimes I'm gonna have to lose.
Ain't about how fast I get there.
Ain't about what's waitin on the other side.
It's the climb.

The last three stanzas are what I related to the most. haha (goodness, I feel like a goof). I do have a point to all of this (don't worry I'm not about to confess that I'm a closet fan of Cyrus).

I was talking to a friend recently about how I tend to be all about the destination. If I see the big picture, then forget the details and lets just get there already. Details tend to bring me stress so I would just rather skip over them. Well I'm learning that that just isn't real life. I can't fast forward nor do I get to roll the dice and skip ahead a few spaces. I must live every moment of everyday, I must learn to deal with the details.
God was gracious enough to show me last year during a particularly grueling season that it's not just about enduring a season, but embracing it.
Or like the lyrics above, it's not about how fast I get there or what could be waiting on the other side, its about the journey. Its about embracing the journey and learning to enjoy each moment of it. I thought I was finally discovering how to do that but of course each mountain I come to seems to be just a little higher. Which is kinda cool, cuz each mountain seems to have prepared me for the next. I'm getting stronger and stronger and more accustomed to the ways of the hike.
As Beth Moore says, "This is about hiking, no pretty shoes or slippers allowed."
I guess bottom line I would rather skip over this season I'm facing cuz I don't quite know how to deal with it. I sometimes feel in over my head. I don't have a curriculum or recipe to follow. It's my life - unique and only lived by me. I'm learning that TRUST is going to be a big thing that I'm going to have to get better aquainted with. That and a more full reliance upon the Lord. I can't wait to get to the top of this mountain I'm facing so that I can look out and enjoy the view! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment