Sunday, February 8, 2009

dancin' in the moonlight

This afternoon I had to bring Natalie back up to Central. On the drive back home, five and half hours later, I felt such a desperate longing to connect with Jesus in an intimate way. It was like an ache deep down in the depths of my soul...like my Spirit was groaning within me. It's hard to explain. I needed intimacy. I needed to be met by Jesus!
I pulled into my driveway, parked the car and then cranked up some worship music (We Cry Out by Kim Walker to be more specific). I then just DANCED. Not a "get it on" type dancing, more just me being FREE before the Lord. It was AMAZING! I felt full and ALIVE. How could I not!?
Peering down on me was a full moon shining in all its glory. Probably quite curious about the hazel eyed girl flailing her arms and dancing wildly about her driveway. In that moment nothing in my universe mattered...it was just me worshipping Jesus in a way that I rarely allow myself. So sweet. So beautiful. So perfect. I needed it...probably more than I can understand at the present.

I felt that maybe I was tapping into an aspect of delighting oneself in the Lord. I didn't have to sing aloud with the song, I didn't have to shout or pray...I didn't feel the need to express myself that way. My heart was expressing itself in a form that my mouth couldn't.
"let them praise His name with the dance, Let them sing praises to Him with the timbrel and harp. For the LORD takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation. Let the saints be joyful in glory;" - Ps. 149: 3-4.
Hallelujah. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment