Wednesday, February 4, 2009

love is in the air

What's this? Two blog posts in less than 24 hours! Haha. I'm on a roll what can I say. :)

As of late, it seems that things in my life have become a little bit sweeter. The sky seems bluer, my job seems less stressful and then for some reason I can't seem to stop smiling. It's as if I'm...in love? Yep, that's definitely the word I want to use. Or maybe its just the feeling one gets when they know they are loved. Ok, it's both. :)
All week long I've been experiencing so much love. It's like I'm being washed in it...like rain. It's so...perfect. I'm being pursued and am loving it. It makes me feel so alive and desirous to just be FREE. Wow...so exhilerating. It's something I have never known. It's so rich and so full of depth.
The verse that keeps coming to my mind is the verse in Hosea 2:14-15. "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness, And speak comfort to her. I will give her her vineyards from there, And the valley of Achor as a door of hope; She shall sing there, As in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt."
I love that! Mmhmm...so good. God is so good! He has been loving on me all week. In ways that He knows will really bring me a joy and delight.
Monday - was invited to go to Florida for a week in March with my mom and her best friend. Mom bought me choc. syrup so that I can have chocolate milk (something I've been craving!). I got my new worship cd in the mail!
Tuesday - was given my very first coffee mug and with that 2 yummy choc. chip cookies. Plus, my boss gave me a starburst after I taught swim lessons. ;) haha
Today - I got a card and sweet tarts (another something I have been craving) in the mail from a dear friend of mine. AND THEN, tonight at church we prayed the whole time and an African man was there to join in with us! I had just told mom today that I really would love to see people from different ethnic groups come to our church! haha. THEN, tonight after church some of us went to Dairy Queen where James bought Arica and I dinner!!
SOOOO....God knows how to win my heart. Not just with simple gifts (although that's one of my love languages) but also in the way He has helped me appreciate the person He created me to be. I'm being secured in His love which has caused me to venture out of my shell.

"God loves us by liberating us from the bondage of self so that we can enjoy knowing and admiring Him forever." - John Piper

"What must love do? It must rescue us from our addiction to self and bring us, changed, into the presence of God." - John Piper

WOW! That's God giving me the desire of my heart. I heard once that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. I do truly want the Lord to be glorified...I ache for that. So therefore, may I continue to find my satisfaction in the beautiful and unfailing love of my Lord. Hmmm, I just cannot express in words how much the Lord thrills me.

p.s. I read Song of Solomon this morning. The Lord's passion puts mine to shame...goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment